Schools is seeking a Consumer Credit Analyst I at our Headquarters location (1485 Response Rd). The schedule for this position is Monday through Friday and every third weekend. This position reviews credit data to evaluate consumer loan requests in order to approve or decline applications. Analyzes financial information, including tax returns and financial ratios, to approve loan applications that will maintain the quality of the loan portfolio while serving the broadest range of members possible. Performs analysis, as needed, on lending portfolio, automated lending system parameters, and lending processes.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Promote and maintain quality member service at all times.
- Ensures performance and work generated (forms, reports, correspondence, computer input, etc.) is of high quality on a daily basis.
- Reviews applications that do not receive an automated decision from the automated lending system and renders a manual judgment to approve or decline applications.
- Works closely with lending staff throughout the credit union to determine how loan requests can be structured to grant credit to applicants with marginal credit quality, while minimizing the risk of the loan through compensating factors.
- Ensures that lending decisions are consistent with loan policies and procedures, and adequately documents exceptions to policy.
- Responsible for reviewing loan applications and other documents for consistency with the reason for the loan.
- Responsible for reviewing documents (e.g., credit reports, loan applications) for irregularities and/or suspicious activity during the loan process.
- Works reports, as assigned, and provides feedback to Consumer Lending management on opportunities for improving lending decisions and lending processes.
- Prepares and generates reports, as assigned, to research lending decisions, loan performance, lending policies and criteria, and other data that impacts the quality of lending.
- Participates in the development and administration of lending training to lending employees throughout the Credit Union.
- Participates in the development and administration of lending and credit seminars for the membership and general public.
- Proactively provides assistance to other department functions (Indirect Lending and Title Processing) as needed.
- Responsible for understanding, adhering to, and complying with Bank Secrecy Act requirements and the Credit Unions Bank Secrecy Act policies and procedures.
- Responsible for reporting suspicious activity to the proper authority in accordance with the Credit Unions Bank Secrecy Act and Anti-Money Laundering policies and procedures.
- Responsible for completing required Bank Secrecy Act training.
- Performs duties in compliance with all Credit Union regulations.
Successful candidates will have the following qualifications and skills:
Requires an Associates Degree with 0 to 2 years of experience in this field or a related field; or requires equivalent experience (minimum two years experience with consumer loan processing, and disbursal and minimum one year experience with credit approval authority). Intermediate level proficiency with personal computers and software including word processing, spreadsheets, and databases.
Schools offers an excellent compensation and benefits package including health, LTD, Life and AD&D, 401(k) plan, FSAs, & free or discounted banking services. Compensation is commensurate with experience.