SCHOOLS “PHOTO CONTEST” OFFICIAL
- NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY IN ORDER TO ENTER THE CONTEST.
- EACH CONTEST ENTRY WILL BE REVIEWED ON AN EQUAL BASIS. MAKING A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE AN INDIVIDUAL’S CHANCE OF WINNING.
- Consumer Disclosure: Odds of winning are based upon the number of entries, which are estimated to be 1 in 1,500 for the grand prize.
- Sponsor: Schools Financial Credit Union ("the Credit Union") is the sponsor of the contest. The Credit Union's business address is: 1485 Response Road, Suite 126, Sacramento, California 95815.
- Contest Period: The contest runs from January 1, 2012, through June 30, 2012.
- Eligibility: Credit Union employees, officials and members of their immediate families may participate in the contest, but are not eligible to win a cash prize. The seven judges are not eligible to enter the contest. To qualify for the contest, all entrants must be at least 18 years of age, eligible per Credit Union policy and a member of the Credit Union in good standing.
- Contest Entries: By submitting a photo, you are entering the Photo Contest, agreeing to the complete Official Rules of the Photo Contest, granting the Credit Union the right to identify you as the owner of the photo and certifying that the photo submitted is your original photo, created solely by you and that no other party has any right, title, claim or interest in the photo. You must email photos to the Credit Union, firstname.lastname@example.org, between January 1, 2012, and June 30, 2012. Photos may also be mailed to Schools Financial Credit Union, Attn: Schools Photo Contest, P.O. Box 526000, Sacramento, CA 95852, or dropped off at any Schools branch on or before June 30, 2012. All entries must include typed contact and photo information with your name, phone number and a photo description. You may enter the contest as many times as desired, however, each photo may only be entered once. The Credit Union is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, misdirected, damaged, postage-due or illegible entries or mail. Once submitted, entries become the sole property of the Credit Union and will not be acknowledged or returned.
- Contest Winner: The contest winner will be chosen on or before 5:00 p.m. on July 31, 2012. The winner need not be present to win and will be notified by phone and/or mail. The winner’s name will be available at all Credit Union locations.
- Prize(s): $500 will be awarded to the member whose photo is chosen as the grand prize winner by the panel of judges. The prize will be awarded in the form of a Schools Counter Check.
- Liability/General Rules: The Credit Union is not responsible for any loss, which may occur in connection with the contest. Entrant agrees to hold the Credit Union harmless from any liability arising from participation in the contest or the acceptance, receipt, possession or misuse of the prize. The Credit Union and each of its officers, directors, employees, members and representatives and agents are not responsible for any negligence, claims, liability, injury, property loss or other damages of entrants and/or winners arising from, or in connection with, acceptance, receipt, possession or use/misuse of prizes awarded or participation in this contest. The Credit Union is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by tampering, hacking or by any of the equipment or programming associated with the contest. Prizes cannot be substituted, assigned or transferred by winners. Photos will be chosen by a panel of seven judges based on quality, creativity, overall impression and cohesion with other submissions to form a theme. Schools reserves the right to edit photos, and based on quality of submissions, we may not choose to publish the winning photo. Any submission may be chosen to appear in Schools marketing materials, such as our newsletter, brochures, schools.org and more. The Credit Union reserves the right to disqualify entrants who fail to follow these Official Rules and regulations or who make any misrepresentations relative to the contest and redemption of a prize.
- Collection of Prize(s): The winner must pick up his/her prize at Schools’ Response Road Headquarters or an agreed-upon branch. Prize will be available for pick up on August 1, 2012. Winner has thirty days from the date of notification to claim his/her prize.
- Tax Issues: The Credit Union will report all prize winnings to the appropriate state and federal agencies as required by applicable law. Winner is responsible for all tax consequences (if any) of the prize. Winner acknowledges this responsibility by entering the contest.
- Publicity Authorization: The winner agrees to permit the Credit Union to utilize his/her name and photo in promotional and other Credit Union materials, without additional compensation or permission, except where prohibited by law.
- Arbitration: Except where prohibited by law, as a condition of participating in this contest, entrant agrees that (1) any and all disputes and causes of action arising out of or connected with this contest or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively, by final and binding arbitration under the rules of the American Arbitration Association ("AAA") and shall be held at the AAA regional office nearest the participant; (2) the Federal Arbitration Act shall govern the interpretation, enforcement and all proceedings at such arbitration; and (3) judgment upon such arbitration award may be entered in any court having jurisdiction. Under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental or consequential damages, or any other damages, including attorneys’ fees, other than entrant's actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this contest), and entrant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
- Choice of Law: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and the Credit Union in connection with the contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the substantive laws of the State of California, USA, without regard to choice of law rules.