Protect Your Home From Foreclosure
Your Credit Union knows that the current economic conditions are challenging, and we want you to know Schools has options available to help you protect your home from foreclosure:
- Workout Agreement — Contact a representative today at 916-569-5481 (Sacramento area) or 800-955-8885 to temporarily adjust your payment to a lower amount. Before speaking with a Schools representative, please have the following information available:
- Your most recent W-2
- Pay stubs from the past two months
- Statements for all deposit accounts (excluding your Schools account) from the past two months
- Federal Tax Returns for the past two years
- Hardship letter explaining your circumstances
- Real Estate Listing Agreement for the affected property (if currently listed) and current asking price
- Any offers to purchase the affected property
- BALANCE — Schools Financial Credit Union also provides access to free and confidential financial counseling and education through BALANCE Financial Fitness.
- Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) — HUD offers counseling for homeowners whose mortgage loans have become delinquent. This counseling could help you avoid foreclosure, and you are urged to seek it. To find a homeownership counseling agency near you, please call 800-569-4287 or TTY 800-877-8339.
For more information on any of the options listed above, contact us at 916-569-5400 (Sacramento area) or 800-962-0990.