Personal Branch Disclosure
In this Disclosure and Agreement, the words "I," "me," "my," "us" and "our" mean each and all of those who apply for and/or use Schools' Personal Branch Online Banking services as described in this Disclosure and Agreement. The words "you," "your," and "yours" mean Schools Financial Credit Union. My acceptance, retention and use of the Personal Branch Online Banking services constitutes an agreement between you and me as described below.
This Disclosure and Agreement is given by you in compliance with the Electronic Funds Transfer Act (15 U.S.C. Section 1693, et seq.) and Regulation E (12 CFR 1005, et seq.) to inform me of the terms and conditions of the Personal Branch Online Banking services described in this Disclosure and Agreement.
At the present time, you participate in several types of services that may be accomplished by electronic transfer that are described in the "Credit Union Account Disclosure" which was provided to me at the time of opening my account with you.
I understand that the agreements, terms, conditions, rules and regulations applicable to my checking account(s), savings account(s), Visa Credit Card, line of credit loans and any other applicable accounts remain in full force and effect and continue to be applicable, except as specifically modified by this Disclosure and Agreement.
General Disclosures Applicable to Personal Branch Online Banking Services
Personal Branch is a proprietary Internet access service that provides access to my accounts without assistance from your staff by using your website, schools.org, and my own selected Personal Branch password. I must request to use Personal Branch either at a Schools branch or by phone.
Business Day Disclosure. Your business days are Monday through Friday, except for holidays. Your business hours are 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. Personal Branch and BillPay are generally open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, but not always accessible. Personal Branch and the BillPay service may be temporarily unavailable due to Credit Union system maintenance or technical difficulties, including those of the Internet service provider and Internet software.
Minimum System Requirements. In order to conduct transactions through Personal Branch the following computer system requirements must be satisfied:
1. Operating System:
a. Windows® 7, Vista and XP (with Service Pack 2)
b. Mac OS® X
a. Microsoft Internet Explorer
b. Firefox® 2.0 (or higher
c. Safari® 5.0 (or higher)
d. Google ChromeTM (V18 or higher)
3. Browser Settings:
a Enable Java Scripting
b. Enable Cookies
I UNDERSTAND THAT THE CREDIT UNION DOES NOT MAKE ANY WARRANTIES ON EQUIPMENT, HARDWARE, SOFTWARE OR INTERNET SERVICE PROVIDER, OR ANY PART OF THEM, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. THE CREDIT UNION IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY LOSS, INJURY OR DAMAGES, WHETHER DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL, CAUSED BY THE INTERNET PROVIDER, ANY RELATED SOFTWARE, OR THE CREDIT UNION’S USE OF ANY OF THEM OR ARISING IN ANY WAY FROM THE INSTALLATION, USE OR MAINTENANCE OF MY PERSONAL COMPUTER HARDWARE, SOFTWARE OR OTHER EQUIPMENT.
Types of Available Transactions:
Account Access. Personal Branch is available for all my savings (with the exception of IRAs), checking and loan accounts and for those accounts on which I am a joint owner or joint borrower. I may use my Personal Branch password to:
1. Obtain my account balances and account history for the previous twelve (12) months for savings and checking accounts and eighteen (18) months for loans.
2. Transfer funds between my savings and checking accounts.
3. Transfer funds from my checking or savings accounts to make payments to my loans.
4. Advance funds from my Line of Credit to my savings or checking accounts.
5. Request withdrawals from savings accounts by check to be sent to my address of record.
6. Request loan advances from my Line of Credit by check to be sent to my address of record.
7. Transfer funds from my checking or savings accounts to another account number’s checking, savings or loan accounts that I have previously designated to the Credit Union.
8. Advance funds from my Line of Credit accounts to another account number or savings accounts that I have previously designated to the Credit Union.
9. Change my password.
10. Utilize Schools BillPay from my designated checking account (requires signing up online via Personal Branch and agreeing to the terms and conditions of the BillPay Services Agreement provided online).
11. View my eStatement and, if desired, change my statement delivery preference.
12. Update my personal information (e.g., address, phone number) with the Credit Union.
13. Utilize Schools’ Mobile Banking service from my mobile device to access my account information via Personal Branch, and allow me to perform certain transactions on my account with you, which are subject to the terms and conditions herein.
14. Utilize Schools’ eAlerts service to add, update and delete account email and text alerts to be sent to my designated email address or my designated mobile device provided to you at the time of my sign up. Standard text messaging rates apply.
15. Utilize Schools’ Messages service to contact the Credit Union. Messages will generally be returned with a response within two (2) business days. Messages cannot be longer than ten (10) lines of text. Transaction requests such as account transfers, address changes, etc., cannot be processed via Messages.
16. Utilize Schools’ Deposit@schools.org to deposit checks (requires signing up online via Personal Branch and agreeing to the terms and conditions of the Deposit@schools.org eCommunication Disclosure and the Remote Deposit Capture Disclosure provided online).
17. Utilize Schools MobileCheck to deposit checks via Schools Mobile Banking (requires signing up online via Schools Mobile Banking and agreeing to the terms and conditions of the Agreement to Receive Communications Electronically Disclosure and the Remote Deposit Capture
Disclosure provided online).
You may offer additional services in the future and, if so, I will be notified of them.
Limitations on Frequency and Dollar Amount of Transactions. Withdrawals from savings or checking accounts or loan advances, whether by check or transfer to other accounts, are unlimited, subject to the following:
1. All withdrawals and transfers from savings accounts are limited to the extent that I have not exceeded my Regulation D transfer limits and have sufficient collected funds available in the account.
2. Loan advances are limited to the amount available from the credit line.
3. BillPay payments have a maximum of $999,999.99.
Authorization. I authorize you to transfer funds electronically between my designated account(s) according to my instructions initiated through Personal Branch Online Banking.
Eligibility. I understand that in order to use Personal Branch, I must have an account in good standing and have a password.
Security and Personal Branch Password. I understand that I cannot use Personal Branch without my password. I AGREE THAT THE USE OF THE PASSWORD CONSTITUTES A REASONABLE SECURITY PROCEDURE FOR ANY TRANSACTION. I further understand that it is my sole responsibility to keep my password safe and secure at all times, to change my password regularly and to select a password that is not easy for others to guess. I will notify you immediately and send written confirmation if my password is disclosed to anyone other than the joint owner of my account. IF I DISCLOSE OR OTHERWISE MAKE MY PASSWORD AVAILABLE TO ANYONE (INLCUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, AN ACCOUNT AGGREGATE SERVICE PROVIDER), I UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT I HAVE GIVEN THEM ACCESS TO MY ACCOUNT AND TO ACCOUNTS ON WHICH I AM A JOINT OWNER OR JOINT BORROWER VIA PERSONAL BRANCH AND THAT ANY TRANSACTION PERFORMED BY SUCH PERSONS ARE CONSIDERED AUTHORIZED BY ME AND I AM RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY SUCH TRANSACTIONS.
I further understand that my password is not transferable, and I will not disclose the password or permit any unauthorized use thereof. I understand and agree that I must change my password immediately to prevent transactions on my account if anyone not authorized by me has access to my password. You are authorized to act on any instructions received under my Personal Branch password. If I voluntarily subscribe to a third party account aggregation service where my selected Credit Union deposit and loan account(s) as well as my accounts at other financial/ investment institutions may be accessed on a website, I may be requested to give my Credit Union password to the aggregate service provider. I understand that by doing so, I am providing the aggregate service provider access to my account(s) at the Credit Union. In addition to the security provided by use of the password, if either end of the connection (my computer or yours) should be disconnected for any reason, the Personal Branch system will disconnect the user to prevent anyone from accessing my account(s).
Disclosure of Account Information to Third Parties. You may disclose information to third parties about my account or transfers I make:
1. When it is necessary to complete an electronic transaction;
2. In order to verify the existence and condition of my account for a third party, such as a credit bureau or merchant;
3. In order to comply with a government agency, court order or any legal process; or
4. If I give you written permission.
Periodic Statements: I will receive a monthly account statement for each month in which an electronic fund transfer is made, but at least a quarterly statement if no transfers are made. I agree to immediately review each periodic statement mailed or otherwise made available to me to ensure that each and every transaction has been authorized by me. My failure to promptly report any allegedly unauthorized transaction may result in future allegedly unauthorized transactions to be considered authorized.
My Liability For Unauthorized Transactions and Advisability of Prompt Reporting. I must notify you at once if I believe my Personal Branch password has been lost or stolen. Notifying you by telephone is the best way of keeping my possible losses down; however, a written notification to you should follow my telephone call. I understand that I could lose all the money in my account (plus my maximum overdraft line of credit). However, if I believe my Personal Branch password has/have been lost or stolen, and I notify you within two (2) business days after I learn of the loss or theft, I can lose no more than $50 if someone used my password without my permission.
If I do NOT notify you within two (2) business days after I learn of the loss or theft of my password and you can prove you could have stopped someone from using my password without my permission if I had notified you, I could lose as much as $500.
Also, if my statement shows transfers that I did not make I must notify you at once. If I do NOT notify you within sixty (60) days after the statement was delivered to me, I may not get back any money I lost after the sixty (60) days if you can prove that you could have stopped someone from taking the money if I had notified you in time. If I can document that a valid reason (such as a long trip or hospital stay) kept me from notifying you, you will extend this time period.
Unauthorized Transaction Notification Telephone Number and Address. If I believe my password has been lost or stolen or that someone will or may use it to transfer money from my account without my permission, I must telephone you at 916-569-5400 (Sacramento area) or 800-962-0990 during business hours. I may also write to you at: Schools Financial Credit Union, P.O. Box 526001, Sacramento, CA 95852-6001.
In Case of Errors or Questions About My Electronic Services Transactions. In case of errors or questions about my electronic services transactions, I will telephone you at 916-569-5400 (Sacramento area) or 800-962-0990, write you at Schools Financial Credit Union, P.O. Box 526001, Sacramento, CA 95852-6001, visit you at any Schools branch, or email you at email@example.com as soon as I can if I think my statement or receipt is wrong or if I need more information about a transaction listed on the statement or receipt. You must hear from me no later than sixty (60) days after you send me the first statement on which the problem or error appeared. I must:
1. Tell you my name and account number;
2. Describe the error or the transaction I am unsure about and explain as clearly as I can why I believe it is an error or why I need more information; and
3. Tell you the dollar amount of the suspected error.
If I tell you orally, you may require that I send you my complaint or question in writing within ten (10) business days of my oral notice. You may also require me to complete an affidavit of forgery and file a police report.
You will determine whether an error occurred within ten (10) business days after you hear from me and will correct any error promptly. If you need more time, however, you may take up to forty-five (45) days to investigate my complaint or question. If you decide to do this, you will provisionally credit my account within ten (10) business days for the amount I think is in error so that I will have use of the money during the time it takes you to complete your investigation.
If you ask me to put my complaint or question in writing and you do not receive it within ten (10) business days, you may not credit my account.
For errors involving new accounts, you may take up to ninety (90) days to investigate my complaint or question. For new accounts, you may take up to twenty (20) business days to credit my account for the amount I think is in error. You will tell me the results within three (3) business days after completing your investigation. If you decide that there was no error, you will send me a written explanation. If provisional credit was given to me, I will have five (5) business days prior to your debiting my account for that amount. I may ask for copies of the documents that you used in your investigation
Your Liability for Failure to Make or Complete Electronic Funds Transfers (EFTs). If you do not properly complete an EFT to or from my account on time or in the correct amount according to your Agreement with me, you may be liable for my losses and damages. However, there are some exceptions. You will not be liable, for instance, if:
1. Circumstances beyond your control (such as fire, flood, earthquake, electronic failure or malfunction of central data processing facility, etc.) prevent the transaction, despite reasonable precautions;
2. Through no fault of yours, I do not have enough money in my account or sufficient collected funds to complete the transaction;
3. The funds in my account are subject to an uncollected funds hold, legal process or other circumstances restricting such transaction or payment;
4. You received incorrect or incomplete information from me or from third parties (e.g., the U.S. Treasury, an automated clearing house or a terminal owner);
5. Personal Branch, BillPay or other electronic services contemplated hereunder was not working properly and I knew about this breakdown when I started the transaction;
6.My Personal Branch password has been reported lost or stolen, is inactive due to nonuse, is retained by you due to my misuse or suspected fraudulent activities, or because my Personal Branch/BillPay password has been repeatedly entered incorrectly by me;
7. The transaction would exceed my Line of Credit limit or Visa Credit Card limit;
8. Your failure to complete the transaction is done to protect the security of my account and/or the electronic terminal system;
9. I make an error in keying my deposit through Personal Branch (and if I make such error, you are not responsible for bounced checks, forfeited dividends and other consequences which may result);
10. The payee mishandles or delays a payment sent by the BillPay Service;
11. Any transaction is prohibited by law, regulation, court order or illegal activity;
12. There may be other exceptions.
Provided that none of the foregoing exceptions to the service performance obligations are applicable, if you cause an incorrect amount of funds to be removed from my account, or caused funds from my account to be directed to a person or entity which does not comply with my bill payment instructions, you shall be responsible for returning the improperly transferred funds to my account and for directing to the proper recipient any previously misdirected bill payments or transfers.
THE FOREGOING SHALL CONSTITUTE YOUR ENTIRE LIABILITY AND MY EXCLUSIVE REMEDY. IN NO EVENT SHALL YOU BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING LOSS OF PROFITS (EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY THEREOF) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THEINSTALLATION, USE OR MAINTENANCE.
Overdraft Protection and Overdraft Services. I understand that if I have an overdraft Line of Credit in conjunction with my checking account, then I may use that Line of Credit to fund any overdraft on my checking account including overdrafts caused by ATM or POS terminal access. I may also request and authorize you to use my savings account as an overdraft protection source to cover any such overdrafts on my checking account. Accordingly, if I do overdraw my checking account, I authorize you to cover the overdraft as follows:
If I have authorized overdraft protection from my savings account(s), you will transfer funds from my savings account(s), if the linked savings account(s) has sufficient available funds. If there are insufficient funds in my linked savings account(s), or if I have not authorized overdraft protection from my savings account(s), you will make a cash advance from my Line of Credit, if I have authorized such cash advances and there are sufficient funds available. If the funds available in my savings account(s) and/or Line of Credit are not sufficient to pay the overdraft on my checking account, then I understand that the overdraft may be authorized and paid by your Courtesy Pay Service subject to the terms and conditions in the Courtesy Pay Agreement in PART II of the “Credit Union Account Disclosure”, if I have the privilege available. If not, then the item causing the overdraft will be returned or the transaction denied. Overdrafts which cannot be honored are payable on demand and may result in termination of my accounts.
Charges for Personal Branch and BillPay Services. Currently, you do not impose a charge to use Personal Branch or BillPay. I understand that future enhancements to Personal Branch or BillPay may include additional features that will be optional and payment of a monthly fee may be required. In such case, you will automatically deduct the monthly fee and any additional payment fees from my designated checking account on or about the last business day of the month. I will be provided appropriate notice of fees implemented as required by applicable law.
Change in Terms. You may change the terms and charges for the services indicated in this Disclosure and Agreement and may amend, modify, add to, or delete from this Disclosure and Agreement from time to time. If I have an account with you through which electronic transfers are being processed, I will receive written notice at least twenty-one (21) days prior to the effective date of the change(s) or as otherwise provided by law.
Termination of EFTs. I may, by written request, terminate any of the electronic services provided for in this Disclosure and Agreement. Termination by any one account owner will be binding on all account owners and you are not required to notify other account owners of the termination. In addition, electronic services may be suspended, without advance notice, if there are insufficient funds in any one of my accounts or if any of my accounts are not in good standing as defined in your Limitation of Services for Members Not in Good Standing Policy in the “Credit Union Account Disclosure”. After suspension, electronic services may be reinstated, at your discretion, once there are sufficient funds in my account(s) to cover any fees and other transfers and debits. You may terminate my right to make EFTs at any time upon written notice. If I ask you to terminate my account or the use of Personal Branch or BillPay services, I will remain liable for subsequent, authorized transactions performed on my account. Termination of electronic services does not terminate my accounts or agreements with you and will not affect my authorization
Regulation “D” Restrictions on EFTs. Any combination of preauthorized, automatic or telephone withdrawals or transfers, overdraft transfers, Personal Branch transfers or transfers made by check, Visa Check Card or similar order made by me and payable to a third party from savings accounts are limited to no more than six (6) transfers in each calendar month. However, I may make an unlimited number of withdrawals or transfers among my own savings accounts if I sign for each transaction. I may also make an unlimited number of withdrawals from my savings accounts by mail, messenger, in person at the Credit Union, through ATMs, Audio Teller, Personal Branch or by telephone if I request that you send me a check. Withdrawals or transfers in excess of the above limitations will not be honored.
Verification of Transactions. All transactions affected by use of Personal Branch or other electronic means contemplated hereunder, which would otherwise require my actual signature or other authorization, shall be valid and effective as if actually signed by me or as otherwise authorized under this Disclosure and Agreement. Deposits are subject to verification by you and may only be credited or withdrawn in accordance with your Funds Availability Policy. Transactions accomplished after the close of normal business each day shall be deemed to have occurred on your next business day. You are not responsible for delays in a deposit due to improper keying of my transaction.
Relationship to Other Disclosures. Use of Schools BillPay is subject to the BillPay Services Agreement, which will be made available to me online when I register for the service. Use of Deposit@schools.org and MobileCheck is subject to the Remote Deposit Capture Disclosure, which will be made available to me online when I register for the service.
Governing Law. I understand and agree that this Disclosure and Agreement and all questions relating to its validity, interpretation, performance and enforcement shall be governed and construed in accordance with the internal laws of the State of California, notwithstanding any conflict-of-laws doctrines of such state or other jurisdiction to the contrary. I agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of the courts of the State of California. In the event of a lawsuit or arbitration, I agree that proper venue for any such action shall be federal or state courts and/or arbitrators located in Sacramento County, California.